In the Lower Primary we seek to:
- open young minds to the joys of learning
- ensure children feel secure and confident when facing new challenges
- foster individual talents and meet individual needs through providing learner-support
- develop strong work habits
- develop positive social interactions and awareness of the needs and aspirations of others
Beginning school at the age of 5, children start St Mark’s in either Year 0 or Year 1, depending on their birthday. The Lower Primary syndicate encompasses classes from Years 0 to 4.