Your questions

Who can apply for a Scholarship?

Scholarships are available to New Zealand domestic students only.  We seek applications from:

  • Whānau with children who wish to enrol at St Mark’s in Year 3 to Year 8 and
  • Māori and Pasifika whānau with children who wish to enrol at St Mark’s in any year group from Year 1 to Year 8
  • Children have not yet applied for admission to St Mark’s School.

Are there costs to apply for a Scholarship?

A non-refundable application fee of $100 is payable at the time of application.  A further non-refundable acceptance fee of $450 is payable at the time of
acceptance of the scholarship.

What do I need in support of my application?

Copy of birth certificate/passport, immunisation certificate, last school report, one written reference from someone outside of your whànau and contact details of a second referee for a verbal reference.  All supporting documentation must arrive with the application before the closing date. Otherwise, the application will not proceed.

What is the value of the Scholarship?

Remission of partial tuition fees through to the completion of Year 8 because the scholarship expectations are met annually.  No full Scholarships are available.  The decision to award a scholarship and the level of fee remission granted is entirely at the discretion of the Board. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the decision process or outcome.

What Scholarships do you offer, and when do they open/close?

We offer Scholarships to applicants who demonstrate general excellence in academic achievement, sports, performing arts, music or a combination of any of these.  Applications should demonstrate how the applicant has served others and shown the St Mark’s School values of manaakitanga, achievement,  respect and kindness.  Applications for 2025 Scholarships open on 29 April 2024 and close on 5 July 2024.

Can you help with accommodation?

Your agent will be able to assist you with finding accommodation in Wellington. We are not offering Home Stay at this time and St Mark’s requires a parent to be living with our students at all times while studying at our school. Checks will be done by staff to ensure that students are with at least one parent as required by the Code of Practice for Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners.

Who can write the reference letter for me?

It needs to be written by someone who is NOT a family member or a school teacher.  It could be your Pastor/vicar or Scout/Brownie/Guide leader.  Someone who has known you for some time and seen you in situations outside of family or school.