LEARNING UNDER COVID-19
There is a huge amount of uncertainty in our world at the moment but one thing is for certain – St Mark’s is a place with a strong commitment to learning and teaching. Our school is currently operating under Alert Level 1 restrictions.
The wellbeing of our school community is at the forefront of all our decisions, policies and procedures. Under Level 1, our school is open with a number of safety precautions being taken to protect the wellbeing of everyone in our community. These include:
- Our school hours of 8:20 am – 3.05 pm will operate as normal, and children can arrive on-site from 7:45 am.
- We are no longer required to contact trace, but we will be displaying QR codes in the window of the SMART room facing the playground, in Preschool, in the Chapel, the Hall and in Reception. We encourage you to continue to monitor your movements, as recommended by the Government.
- Wash your hands regularly. We will continue to have this built into our daily routines.
- High levels of cleaning and hygiene will continue.
- We encourage Preschool staff and children to bring indoor shoes/slippers.
- We ask for parents support if your child is feeling unwell, in any way, even with a mild cold or sore throat, it is important that they stay home. Please contact your GP or Healthline, who will advise on any further action needed.
Under Level 2, our school was open with the following safety precautions being taken to protect the wellbeing of everyone in our community. These included:
- Our school hours of 8:20 am – 3.05 pm will operate as normal, and children can arrive on-site from 7:45 am. Where possible we ask that only students enter school buildings.
Anyone entering the school site during the day must sign in at Reception, to assist us with contact tracing.
- Children should not share your things with others e.g. food, electronic devices or stationery.
- Please do not bring sports equipment, toys and games from home.
- Wash your hands before and after touching school playground equipment, musical instruments or sports gear.
- Washing your hands regularly and before eating food. Staff will provide reminders to children as well
- Please bring a named full water bottle, as our water fountains will be off-limits to all children
Staff will clean their classrooms, with disinfectants during the day, on top of the daily clean by our school cleaners.
- Playground equipment and PE equipment will be cleaned thoroughly and regularly.
- To assist with hygiene in classroom spaces we will provide wipes in each class so the children can wipe down their own possessions and desk area during the day. Children can also bring their own wipes from home if they wish to have their own supply.
- There are clear and strict guidelines for the dropping off and collecting of students.
- We ask for parents support if your child is feeling unwell, in any way, even with a mild cold or sore throat, it is important that they stay home and you should also contact your GP or Healthline to arrange a COVID 19 test immediately.