Sports Honours Award Criteria
To receive an Honours Badge then children must fulfil four out the six criteria below.
- Attribute 1 must be one of the four attributes:
- Students who display outstanding ability, effort and attitude in Sport may be considered for an Honours badge. Representing the School in an Interschool fixture does not qualify a student for an Honours badge.
- Students who are selected for, or play for, a Regional or National training squad,
and/or compete in Inter zone competitions in the relevant academic year.
- Students who have displayed a total commitment to sport at school in all areas
including attendance at training and matches, a selfless approach to the team,
respect for the coaching staff and an impeccable sense of sportsmanship/fair play.
- The student must have displayed exemplary behaviour at all times in Sport,
- Physical Education and regular classwork.
- The student should be an excellent role model to others in the school.
- The student must have played for 1st teams in Year 7/8 or Colts teams in Year 6 in all or most interschool matches during the academic year to qualify.
- A student receiving an Honours badge in Year 6 who subsequently meets the criteria for Honours in Year 7 and Year 8 will receive in Year 7 another bar with a ribbon and in Year 8 a bar to highlight this student’s ability and attitude.
- Honours badges are worn on the left side of the student’s blazer, under their School Badge and Prefect badges.
- If a child loses their badge then a limited supply will be kept on hand at reception for purchase.
- All decisions deciding which students receive an Honours badge will be final and no parent meetings or correspondence will be entered into to explain decisions.